Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s ios 7.1.2 battery drain

Hello all, i have just sold my old iphone 5 on ios 7.1.2 because of bad battery drain i did everythink what i found to fix batter drain, now i have iphone 5s ios 7.1.2 and same like my old iphone 5 battery is very very bad, i almost turn off everythink including wifi + 3g location services, limid adv ON, auto britness e.t.c every possible fix what i found on net i tryed and i cant fix terrible battery drain in 7.1.2, is this happend only with me or its 7.1.2 firmware problem? anyone can help me with some new idea how can i fix this big big problem with my batter drains.

Thanks all

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:44 AM

11 replies

Jul 10, 2014 8:22 AM in response to VeleLamja

I have a total of 5 devices on iOS 7.1.2 and have not experienced any difference in battery usage. They are all just fine.

When you replaced your device, did you set it up as new, or did you restore it from a backup of the old device? It is very possible there is some corrupt data in the backup that is causing this battery drain. Try creating a backup of the device and then restore it as new. After that and before adding any content to the phone, try testing it for a period of time and see if the battery drain is minimized. If so, then try restoring to your backup and see if that changes the battery drain. If it does, then there is something with your backup. There are a number of factors that affect battery drain, such as signal strength, usage patterns, etc. Generally, it seems there is a process that gets stuck and can corrupt the backup like that and restoring to that backup just brings the problem with it.

Jul 10, 2014 10:54 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes when i get my new device i set as new i never used a backup, till now myabe 5-6 times i try restore 7.1.2 and test, i tryed also with Reset all settings no help too, i dont have any more ideas, i will try every idea what people will say to check if my batter will be batter, and do u know why after some time when i go USAGE, to check battery status they black and after i full charged i see usage time, but after some time like 2-3 hours or more they gone.... why?

Aug 12, 2014 3:26 AM in response to Rossfever

1. You're not addressing Apple here. If you want to leave them feedback, use this link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/. By the way, I have had several Android devices and if you think those will provide better battery life than an iDevice, you're in for a surprise. The same battery management is necessary.
  2. For the record, you CAN use aftermarket cables, just not the unlicensed cables being sold for dirt cheap through many asian sources.
  3. Like ChrisJ4203, I have 3 devices running iOS 7.1.2 with no issues. Poor battery life is clearly not a universal issue. If you take the time to research how to manage battery life - not just on iPhone but other smartphones as well - you can get quite a good amount of time out of it.

Aug 12, 2014 4:10 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

I Have taken much time over the last 3 days to google, talk, ask and even spent an agonising 25 minute conversation with tech support to no avail. I can tell you that I work with 200 people in my work place and 16 today were complaining of the same issues after 7.1.2. Two other workmates showed off the fact that their new (other popular brand) phones were flogged today and as of lunchtime were still showing 73% and 67% respectively after many phone calls! emails, facebook, tinder etc? I made 2 phone calls and checked emails once and at lunch was down to 17% and that's with every possible power saving item turned off, disabled or turned down....RIDICULOUS!! Funny too how my wife's phone also a 5s is also having the same issues. Sounds like Ebola has moved to iphone. I have always been a fan of iphone but after my 4th iphone I CHOOSE TO MOVE ON. I will vote with my feet and try something else. There is a reason why iphone is losing market share, and it's no coincidence or accident that people are trying other brands.

Aug 12, 2014 4:29 AM in response to Rossfever

There is a difference between actual battery life and what is displayed on your device but I won't argue it with you. Try one last thing before you move on.

Nearly every device using Li-ion batteries requires you to "condition" the battery periodically. Usually this is done by fully draining the battery and recharging it to 100%. In iOS, it is recommended that you do this monthly and after an update (like to 7.1.2). This allows iOS to detect and display the full range of battery life. From experience, I have no doubt that calibrating the battery after an iOS upgrade improves battery life.

New (other popular brand) devices cannot be directly compared until used and charged using the same habits. They will eventually display the same behavior unless cared for.

Try my suggestion or walk away. Your choice. Good luck in wither case.

Iphone 5s ios 7.1.2 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.