Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina MacBook Pro 15" Serious Problems

Hey,

Usually I am the know it all tech guy. However a client's MacBook Pro is giving me headaches.

Symptoms:

On bootup it stays on a white screen FOREVER then goes to desktop.

Unbelievably slow.

Activity Monitor shows no real performance problems.

Fans really loud

I thought if I backed up all data and clean installed Mavericks that should solve everything however I can't even boot into it. I install it from within Lion, it restarts, and does the white screen forever thing then goes back to Lion.

Furthermore the trackpad is really hard and the keyboard doesn't work.

Tried to reset PRAM and SMC and nothing.

Out of warranty. Any ideas? This guy is having bad luck with two MacBooks' logics boards breaking today and now this poor retina model really flaking out. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:09 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 7:28 AM in response to Community User

Try booting the MBP OPTION+COMMAND+R which should connect you to the Apple servers. If successful, you can erase the SSD and install the original OSX.

If this does not work, make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar. The evaluation will be FREE regardless of the warranty status. They should be able to define the problem and perhaps fix it.

Ciao.

Retina MacBook Pro 15" Serious Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.