Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream Storage

I'm confused. I understood that Photo Stream saves photos for 30 days. When I go into Photo Stream using iPhoto on my iMac, there are pictures there that are two years old. Same is true if I go to the Photo Stream album on my iPhone or iPad. What's up with that? Are they chewing up my memory allocation in iCloud? And they are hogging memory on my mobile devices. How do I get them off the iPad and iPhone without losing them on all Photo Stream interconnected devices?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. But, as I said, I'm so confused.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:44 AM

Photo Stream holds 30 days of photos on the server however your iOS devices can hold 1000 photos. If you turn off Photo STreeam on your iOS device then turn it back on, only the last 30 days of photos would be available.

Deleting a photo from Photo Stream deletes it on all your devices.

There is no limit to the number of Photo Stream photos held in iPhoto. You can have iPhoto automatically import your Photo Stream photos into your iPhoto Library (in iPhoto > Preferences > iCloud > check Automatic Import). The Photo Stream photos imported into your iPhoto library will not be subjected to changes made in Photo Stream.

Photo Stream does not count against your iCloud storage.

iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 7:44 AM in response to MikeLV

Photo Stream holds 30 days of photos on the server however your iOS devices can hold 1000 photos. If you turn off Photo STreeam on your iOS device then turn it back on, only the last 30 days of photos would be available.

Deleting a photo from Photo Stream deletes it on all your devices.

There is no limit to the number of Photo Stream photos held in iPhoto. You can have iPhoto automatically import your Photo Stream photos into your iPhoto Library (in iPhoto > Preferences > iCloud > check Automatic Import). The Photo Stream photos imported into your iPhoto library will not be subjected to changes made in Photo Stream.

Photo Stream does not count against your iCloud storage.

iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

Photo Stream Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.