Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import an individual clip(s) into fcpx 10.0.9 from a Camera Archive

Hi all,

I began editing a feature length documentary recently. Today we discovered that we didn't import all media into the project's event - I'm running FCPX 10.0.9 - when we first imported the media. Our backup of the original material is in the form of Camera Archive. We tried "Reimport Camera/Archive" from the Import menu but, to my horror, FCPX responded with a popup window saying that all the clips' media already exist. When trying Import Media from the Import menu and navigating to the Camera Archive files they were greyed out in the Import window. Is there a method to go into the Camera Archive in order to import the clips we forgot to import the first time.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Benny Brunner

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:45 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 10:36 AM in response to bennybrunner

The current version of FCP X can work with mts files directly; I don't think this is the case with 10.0.9.

Quicktime Player on Mavericks can also open mts files and save them as mov.

For older systems you might need software like Clickwrap for this. Or maybe you can get access to a mac running Mavericks and use it to make the conversion.

How to import an individual clip(s) into fcpx 10.0.9 from a Camera Archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.