Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with overheating?

So, I just got my MacBook Pro probably about 4 or 5 days ago and I'm already noticing that it has an issue with getting really hot, really fast whenever I do anything above browsing the internet (even then it'll still overheat at times). Just last night I went to move the battery pack and it was so hot that I couldn't even touch it. And now, I was trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and my laptop's fan was going insane, so I decided to put it on my lap to let it air out, but it just ended up burning my thighs to the point I couldn't handle. So I just shut down the game and it started to cool itself almost immediately. I'm a gamer and I like to PC game while I'm on trips, but it seems like everything I run is making my computer just overheat like crazy. I really like everything about the computer and I'd really hate to have to trade it in, but it's getting inconvenient. I'm also scared that the heating problem is going to end up destroying my MacBook and I really don't want that. Is there a special way I should be setting my laptop up when I game/use it? Is this a normal issue? Do I need to buy like a fan for my computer or something? Or should I just be playing less demanding games? Thanks for any help!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 8:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 8:19 AM in response to LadyBunny

You can try a SMC reset:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)follow for a battery you should not remove yourself.

You are within the 14 day no questions asked return policy (14 days) You should take it to an Apple store Genius bar for a evaluation.

Some games create a lot of heat, and you may want to consider a cooling pad, there are many on line.

Problem with overheating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.