Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is audio units manager for GarageBand?

How can I manage audio units in GarageBand? It's easy in Logic, but I can't seem to find AU manager anywhere in GarageBand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:58 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 8:39 AM in response to lukerobert

You can add audio units from the Smart Controls. Enable the audio Units in the GarageBand Preferences and then open the Smart Controls. To add an audio unit, click the ℹ button and enlarge the Smart Controls pane by dragging the dividing line to the Track Area upwards, until you see the brick for the units in the Info panel.

User uploaded file

Jul 10, 2014 12:09 PM in response to lukerobert

There is no "Audio Units Manager" window in GarageBand. That is a Logic feature only.

The only way to make AU Plugins not appear in your AU menu in GarageBand is to move them out of the dedicated folder in the Finder (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components).

Not a very elegant solution.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Where is audio units manager for GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.