Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim Card Reader Related Problem

Hello guys,

Today I come here, to apple forums, with a weird problem, it seems as, as soon as I try to activate my new Iphone 5S, it doesn’t allow it, since it didn’t work, I then mucked around with the sim card reader and the tray etc, still doesn’t work, and I cannot figure out the problem, any ideas/solutions? The sim card must be doing its job because the gold bit of the sim card shows ware, I do not see why it isn’t working for me, this is very annoying since I cannot activate the phone until I get it working.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 8:40 AM

12 replies

Jul 10, 2014 9:56 AM in response to Community User

LTGamings wrote:

Hello guys,

Today I come here, to apple forums, with a weird problem, it seems as, as soon as I try to activate my new Iphone 5S, it doesn’t allow it, since it didn’t work, I then mucked around with the sim card reader and the tray etc, still doesn’t work, and I cannot figure out the problem, any ideas/solutions? The sim card must be doing its job because the gold bit of the sim card shows ware, I do not see why it isn’t working for me, this is very annoying since I cannot activate the phone until I get it working.

What error message do you get?

Jul 10, 2014 10:26 AM in response to razmee209

When i attempt to activate it it says ' No sim Card, please insert a sim card to continue and when i turn it on it says ' No sim card installed, insert a valid sim with no PIN Lock to activate iphone.

Jul 10, 2014 1:02 PM in response to razmee209

No, i mean when you buy a phone for the first time, it leaves you with an activation screen, asking you to insert a sim card, my sim card reader doesnt seem to pick up the nano sim in the sim card tray, so i cannot get onto the phone.

Sim Card Reader Related Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.