Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt Display Keyboard & Mouse Lag

So, my setup is a Macbook Pro 13inch, 8GB RAM, i7, 750GB HDD with an Apple Thunderbolt Display accompanied by an Apple bluetooth keyboard & Magic Mouse and/or Trackpad. When I'm doing general stuff like browsing the web, or posting this question - they work fine, with very little lag. However, the minute I start attempting to multi-task, game or use Final Cut Pro - a lot of lag begins to appear. Obviously, this seems like a software issue. But, the lag decreases if I move closer to my Macbook (which is no more than a meter away). I've also read a lot of other similar issues, but - does anyone have any advice? I'd consider buying a bluetooth adapter, as long as it's hardware issue.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 8:50 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 12:24 PM in response to jrburrows

I've a Late 2011 15" MacBook Pro and a Apple Thunderbolt Display as well. I use a wired 'full' keyboard but use a Bluetooth Magic Trackpad. I've never had any problems - certainly not the problems that you're having.

If I were you, I would post on the Apple Thunderbolt Display forum -> Thunderbolt Display. You'll find more people there with a variety of problems when using the TB Display.

Good luck,

Clinton

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS Mavericks 10.9.4, 16GB Crucial RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display

Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt Display Keyboard & Mouse Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.