Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Apple Support Communities Profile

In my Apple Support Communities Profile, it lists a wrong (old, no longer have access to) email address for me.

How do I change that?

When I go to "Edit Profile" it does not give me the right to change the email address.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

JA

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:07 AM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2014 12:30 PM in response to King_Penguin

I am replying from a new ASC ID (previous ID was jaascione), because I just got off the phone with Apple Support, and I was told that the ASC ID I created this morning picked up an old Apple ID that I no longer use (created years ago and long forgotten) and assigned the old email address to the new ASC ID. They told me I had to create a new ASC ID and assign to it my current email address. No other way around it.

Also, BTW, they tell me that unless I can remember the old Apple ID password, I cannot delete the old Apple ID. So now I have two Apple IDs and two ASC IDs. I guess I'm a lucky guy.

Bad planning on the part of Apple, i.e., requiring a completely different ID for the Apple Support Communities. However, the complaint I politely lodged with the Apple Support person seemed to fall on deaf ears. Oh well.

End of story, I guess.

Editing Apple Support Communities Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.