Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export picture name with faces tag

Hello everyone,

I'm new in the community, and I wonder if anyone try or already have experience in this following scenario.

I have around 4000 pictures where we are working to identify as much people on it as possible, and I would like to know if there is a way to generate a report or an export process, where I can see the picture name and the names tagged on that picture.

Thanks very much i nadvance for any comment regarding this.

Regards,

Paulo

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:54 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 10:55 AM in response to paulo_a

Faces is not a standard metadata that can be embedded in the file so other apps can read it. However, one method is to add a keyword to each photo of a given face that's the same as the face. If more than one person is in the photo create a keyword for each face and add to that photo.

One way to generate a report would be to create a Contact sheet in iPhoto and select the items you want displayed under each image from this Settings pane:

User uploaded file

The photos will then appear like this in the contact sheet:

User uploaded file

You can adjust the size of the image by selecting the number of columns per page. Also you can print to PDF so you can have larger images and not necessarily have to print it to paper but use a pdf file.

User uploaded file

Export picture name with faces tag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.