Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bug in Software Update?

Running Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.5 (12F45), and App Store Version 1.2.2 (129.16). The "App Store" app shows an available update in the Dock Icon (i.e. a 1 inside a red circle), but there is actually no applicable update to be downloaded. Running "software update" does not clear this indicator.

While this is hardly the most earth-shattering bug in the universe, perhaps the Apple folks will read this report and fix the problem.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:04 AM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 2:02 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

No joy. Also deleted the plist file and rebooted. Same result.

When I run App Store (and when I "reload page") all it shows is the free upgrade to Mavericks, yet the dock icon shows one applicable update.

Can this be that Apple is now counting Mavericks in the applicable updates? Up until yesterday, this certainly was not the case.

And, my wife's iMac, with one year newer hardware but nominally the same OS, does not display this anomaly.

bug in Software Update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.