Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 7.0.5 doesn't open Youtube or Google

It seems like Safari doesn't want to open any google-related websites...

Whenever I try to open Youtube or google, the pages will stay blank.

I already tried updating my flash player and deleting my cache and cookies.

If someone has another idea, that would be great.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:11 AM

10 replies

Jul 16, 2014 11:55 AM in response to Smoshmosh

Double-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

www.google.com

Launch the Network Utility application.

Step 1

Select the Lookup tab and paste into the address field by pressing command-V. Then press return. Post the output that appears below – the text, please, not a screenshot.

Step 2

Select the Ping tab and do the same. Please enter the same input as you did in Step 1. Don't use the output of Step 1 as input to Step 2.

Important Note

Some web browsers and mail clients will automatically convert a domain name such as "www.example.com" to a clickable URL, such as http://www.example.com. That will interfere with the test. If necessary, edit the input in the Network Utility window to remove any added characters.

Jul 23, 2014 11:53 AM in response to Linc Davis

I am having the same problem. OSX 10.9.4 . Safari 7.0.5 will not connect to maps.google.com or www.google.com. It starts to load, pauses, then displays a blank page. It will connect to youtube.

I loaded Chrome in Win 8 in Fusion on the same macbook air and it connects to all of these sites just fine. So it is not a connectivity issue.

I only have Flash, Lastpass, Java, and Quicktime extensions running. All were running fine before the problem started.

Any ideas?

Apr 9, 2015 12:18 AM in response to kidman9

I too am having the same problem, after upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.2 and Safari 8.0.4. Intermittently, Safari won't load Google, Google maps or Youtube. Sometimes they load. Sometimes they don't. Firefox and Chrome work better, although not perfectly. Other websites that I have tried load without problem. Any ideas?

Safari 7.0.5 doesn't open Youtube or Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.