Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, iPhone 5s problems with 7.1.2 with battery life and reception on 5s ?!? The same problems with BOTH our 5s phones! Any Fix?!?

Help, iPhone 5s problems with 7.1.2 with battery life and reception on 5s ?!? The same problems with BOTH our 5s phones! Any Fix?!?:

After updating to the new 7.1.2 software, both of our 5s phones now have battery issues with draining the battery faster than ever and both phones now have reception issues in places where we have ALWAYS had good reception. The reception issues make it difficult to call out, sometimes losing service completely and dropped calls! It also of course affects iMessages and Text messages and all other connectivity apps and internet. Both 5s phones went from really good to really bad right after the 7.1.2 update. Please help. If you APPLE see this posting, please FIX ASAP as I have seen many other posts on the same issue and yes I ALREADY did the HOLD down power and HOME button and it did NOT fix anything. Thanks. My zip code area is 91320.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:59 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 10:03 AM in response to JZhouse

JZhouse wrote:

Help, iPhone 5s problems with 7.1.2 with battery life and reception on 5s ?!? The same problems with BOTH our 5s phones! Any Fix?!?:

After updating to the new 7.1.2 software, both of our 5s phones now have battery issues with draining the battery faster than ever and both phones now have reception issues in places where we have ALWAYS had good reception. The reception issues make it difficult to call out, sometimes losing service completely and dropped calls! It also of course affects iMessages and Text messages and all other connectivity apps and internet. Both 5s phones went from really good to really bad right after the 7.1.2 update. Please help. If you APPLE see this posting, please FIX ASAP as I have seen many other posts on the same issue and yes I ALREADY did the HOLD down power and HOME button and it did NOT fix anything. Thanks. My zip code area is 91320.

There is no Apple here in these user to user forum.

Your weak cellular data connection is the reason why your battery is draining.

you can try settings - general - reset - reset network settings.

you can also contact your phone carrier as cellular data is a carrier feature.

Help, iPhone 5s problems with 7.1.2 with battery life and reception on 5s ?!? The same problems with BOTH our 5s phones! Any Fix?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.