Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple native AD Plugin support Cross Forest login in 10.9?

I know in the past this wasn't possible with the native Apple AD plugin. Does any know if 10.9 or above has added any more capabilities to do built in cross forest authentication? Was just wondering if it is still not possible and we need to start looking at third party solutions like Centrify Direct Control. We have setup two AD forest with trust between them that works perfectly when logging in on a Windows machine but not on the Macs. I hope in the future we make a full migration to just one Domain forest, but in the mean time I need a fix to allow for single logins to either forest from a Mac. Otherwise is it possible to bind to two AD's at once with Apple's AD plugin or will this cause more problems than good?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:10 AM

There are no replies.

Does Apple native AD Plugin support Cross Forest login in 10.9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.