Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is "Calendar" stuck in "Month View"?

For some reason, Calendar on my iPhone refuses to get back into daily view (which is what I used in the past). Instead, it is stuck in month view or, if I turn it sideways, shows 3 days at a time. I can go even further out to year view (arrow top left) and back to month view by tapping anywhere inside the calendar. But tapping on a date within the month view just highlights that date. I can add a LIST at the bottom of the display by tapping the 3rd icon from the right, but I don't get an overview of my day (with a timeline indicating present time) as I used to. Is this a new feature? (In which case, a curse be upon you, Apple) Or a bug? (how to fix?) Or am I just too stupid (a distinct possibility…)? I've tried tapping every icon on the screen, swiping in all 4 directions, and even looking under "Settings" - but I can't find a way out. Help anyone?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:02 AM

See if this helps: http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph3d110f84

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 10:19 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks for the link. I found the following relevant line there:

Change your view. Tap a year, month, or day to zoom in or out on your calendar.

That's exactly what I tried - tapping on a day, but the view didn't change (except the list at the bottom showed the newly selected day).

However, I finally figured it out: tapping the day in "month view" ONLY works if there is NO list displayed at the bottom. So once I toggled the list view off (by tapping the 3rd icon from the right, at top), I could change into the customary day view by tapping on the day. Strange! Maybe that should be explicitly stated in the page you quoted

Why is "Calendar" stuck in "Month View"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.