Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

somthing went wrong when reparing disk in recovery ( OS X 10.9.3)

It all started with boot problems (gray screen at startup) after having troubleshooted a while.

the next step was to open Disk Utility "CMD + R> Disk Utility" to verify and repair disk and disk

permissions on the startup partition (Macintosh HD)

- In Disk Utility, there were two “disks” 1) logical disk (named Macintosh HD) and startup partition

(named Macintosh HD) (the name is the same for both ??)

I started to highlight the startup partition to verify / repair disk:

The verification instructed me that something was wrong and that a repair was recommended…

Here starts the problem: the button to repair disk was not clickable nor was the buttons to verify and repair disk permissions.

Because og this I chose to highlight the "logical" disk to verify / repair the disk:

I got the same message telling me something is wrong with the disk and a repair is recommended

when verifying the disk so I press repair: now it happens something strange, the logical disk and the startup partition turns into one disk,

and this is marked RED. I also get a message that indicates that there is something wrong with the fusion drive and that I need to reformat,

but that this would result in erasing/deleting all that is on the disk. I get two choices "repair" and "ignore"

- Is there some bright minds out there who can explain to me what has gone wrong?

Have I done something wrong?

Or did the disk simply just crash?

and are there any ways to fix this? i dosent want to loose all my files located on the disk.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 11:52 AM

1 reply

somthing went wrong when reparing disk in recovery ( OS X 10.9.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.