Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri doen't work without apple headphones

Hi , so i just bought iphone 4S with IOS7 installed , and i notice that siri doesn't work without apple's headphone .

i try to talk to her but she won't hear my voice.. she does only with headphones...

is there any way to fix this issue ?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 12:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 1:36 PM in response to themasterplan

If no app works with the mic check that the mic is not 'disallowed'…

Settings app > Privacy > Microphone. See if any apps are disabled. The system apps do not appear in here, however it is worth testing any third party apps with the mic too.

Where did you buy it from?

If it's new a trip to an Apple store could help. I suspect they may reinstall the phone OS as a test, so I'd suggest you back up the device in iTunes or via iCloud. Once that is complete, you can reset it to factory state either via iTunes on a Mac or PC, or within the settings app > General > reset > erase all content. That will put it back to a default state.

If the issue still exists it suggests it could be a hardware fault, in which case an Apple store may be able to repair/ replace it.

Siri doen't work without apple headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.