Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to save an email attachment that seems to be an asps file

I have been sent an email that has a link to a report. I am only allowed to access the report twice (for security). Therefore I wish to save the report to my iMac. Under the File tab I have clicked on "Save As". When i then go into Documents, I am presented with something that looks like a PDF symbol and underneath it says "DocViewer.aspx". When i try to open the file, I get an Adobe Reader message/prompt that says "File does not begin with '%PDF-'. DocViewer.aspx.pdf" and the option to press OK. When i click on OK the screen goes black and a kind of bar appears at the bottom of the screen, as if it is trying to do something. But I've left it and nothing happens! I have also tried to use "Export as PDF" under the File tab but that doesn't work either. Please can anyone help?

I should probably point out at this point that i am absolutely terrible with computers and anything technical. Indeed, this is the first time i have ever asked a question on any website ever!! I mention this because i find a lot of answers on these pages too difficult for me to understand and littered with terms, phrases or instructions that i find just to difficult to comprehend. Therefore, if anyone knows how i sort this, can you please explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old??!! haha ha. Thank you

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 11:56 AM

2 replies

Jul 21, 2014 7:06 AM in response to Dazzy D

.aspx files are typically documents stored from websites. You might be able to rename it .html to open within a web browser and see if it prints from there, or see if Safari or Firefox can open it directly. Otherwise, you should ask the sender to not try to send you a webpage, but rather to print the web page as a PDF before sending it to you. Then Preview can open it.

There are numerous tools for Windows users to export a file as PDF. Ask your sender what version of Windows they are using. If they use a Mac, their Print command in their browser has a save to PDF option which gives them a PDF file you can then open when they send it to you as an attachment.

I need to save an email attachment that seems to be an asps file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.