Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restart my iphone without my lock button and an unresponsive screen to touch

I returned to my phone which was working a few moments before and as i tried to swipe to unlock my screen it wouldn't unlock nothing on my screen was responding to touch. I also have a broken lock button and have to use the button on my screen to lock my phone. This button responds to my touch so i held down 'lock screen' which brought me to where i needed to swipe to turn my phone off but i couldn't swipe. My home button also works and brings up siri when i hold it down. How can i restart my phone without the lock button or a screen that doesn't respond to touch?😕

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 12:08 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 12:17 PM in response to chelswhitto

This is what siri can do:iOS: About Siri you can try asking siri if it can reboot the iPhone as that is what you need to do.

If that will not work, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out...sounds like this is going to mean an out-of-warranty replacement - in the US:

iPhone 4 $149

iPhone 4s $199

iPhone 5 series $269

how to restart my iphone without my lock button and an unresponsive screen to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.