Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to sign up for iTunes Match with iTunes Gift Card

Last night I purchased $30.00 worth of iTunes Gift cards , redeemed the cards against my iTunes account and attempted to sign up for the iTunes Match ($24.99 per year) only to find out that I must provide a credit card on file before they will allow me to sign up. I never imaged that Apple would require a credit card on file. One of the reasons that I chose Apple products was the ability to purchase with iTunes Gift cards to reduce my risk of fraud when the account become compromised .

Also I have Apple IDs for each of my children and they receive iTunes Gift cards as presents that they purchase Apps, Music etc that they want. That way when they grow up and leave home they have their own Apple accounts to take with them. Apple should want life long Apple customers!! Just to let you know 14 year olds don’t normally have credit cards and I would never put my Credit Card info attached to their account. So if they own a Laptop, iPhone and iPad they are discriminated from using your iTunes Match because they don’t have a credit card? Really????

Apple to just let you know that I have a Microsoft XBOX Live membership that I purchase a Live gift card once a year to renew my subscription. I can’t believe that Microsoft can figure out how to provide customers a better user experience that Apple.

Please fix this quickly as I would like to use your iTunes Match and other iCloud services that you plan on releasing later this year however I will not be using my credit card so I may have to look for other device options. If you need any help figuring out how to meet your business requirements please let me know as I would be glad to provide suggestions.

Thank you,

The Next Steve Jobs

PS If any one over there knows a way around this please let me know.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 12:45 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 1:18 PM in response to Next Steve Jobs

I've been through the same ordeal. I wanted to renew my iTunes Match service, had over $100 credit in the iTunes Store, but wasn't able to use that credit to pay for the renewal. Apple requires you have a valid, working credit card on file to renew for some reason. But once you put in a credit card, the charge is actually taken from your store credit, not the credit card. So, it's very odd and doesn't make any sense to me, either. But there's no way around it without a credit card, that's what Apple Support told me when I contacted them about this same issue.

Not able to sign up for iTunes Match with iTunes Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.