Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What has happened to my events in I-Cal?

Suddenly all my personal entries on my calendar have disappeared.

I can create a new event.

But the only items on it are the standard calendar events such as national holidays and birthdays.

All of my calendars in the left side bar are checked.

Have restarted machine with no success.

Mac OS 10.9.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 12:37 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Linc Davis

Time Machine using an external hard drive (it may be a Passport) and backing up every day.

Actually, for what it's worth, I'm not the one with the problem; an 82-year-old friend is the victim. I'm just helping him.

I have had three Macs and am pretty conversant with them. It will be easy for me to go to Time Machine, or perhaps I-Cloud.

Apropos, several days ago all of his contacts emptied out for a couple of hours and then mysteriously returned.

Jul 11, 2014 10:27 AM in response to texan78730

If you synchronize any of your calendars with a server such as iCloud, disable that synchronization. Quit Calendar.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Calendars

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services ▹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A Finder window should open with a folder selected. Enter Time Machine and restore that folder from the snapshot you want.

Relaunch Calendar and test. Your calendars should be as they were when the snapshot was taken. If you don't sync with a server, stop here.

If you do sync some of the calendars with a server, select each one in turn and then select

File ▹ Export ▹ Export…

from the menu bar. You'll get ICS files with the filename extension ".ics".

Re-enable sync. Usually, all the calendars you just restored will be deleted. That's not a problem.

Create a new calendar on the server for each one you exported and want to sync:

File ▹ New Calendar

Then import the calendar from the corresponding ICS file by double-clicking it. Follow the prompts to import the new events to the calendar you just created.

For calendars that you don't want to sync, just import them again. They'll appear in the calendar list under On My Mac.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

What has happened to my events in I-Cal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.