Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving "not delivered" status when sending pictures through iPhone

When either my husband or I send a picture to each other's phones, we receive a "not delivered" status message. The pictures, though, are received by the other person. I can't figure out what's going on. I don't get the same message when I send pictures to other people, just my husband. We have Verizon as our carrier. I've turned iMessage on both phones and both computers. We also have an iPad, but I haven't been able to check that one. The message only shows up on our phones. Our computers are fine. I've reset the network settings. That did nothing. Help.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:00 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 1:11 PM in response to janethers

Are you sending pictures via iMessage (blue bubble) or text (green bubble)?

Picture texts is consider MMS.

Picture via iMessage - iMessage must be activated and turned on and there must be active cellular data or wifi connected to send and receive as well as for the other party.

Picture via Text/Group Text - Cellular data must be turned on to send and receive group text as well as picture message.

If MMS is not working, contact your carrier for assistance or check your APN settings for that carrier is correct.

If is iMessage, turn off iMessage and Facetime. Put phone on airplane mode or restart your phone. Turn off airplane mode and try sign in back to iMessage and Facetime. Retry to test if its working now.

Receiving "not delivered" status when sending pictures through iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.