Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.3. I can't see any way of accessing the CD database to get track names if somehow they weren't accessed when ripping the CD into my computer. It used to be EASY.

ITunes 11.3. I can't see any way of accessing CD track names through iTunes AFTER I ripped the CD into my computer through iTunes. For some reason the track names were not imported when I ripped the CD. Anyone know how to do that?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:09 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 3:14 PM in response to brianfromnavarre

As far as I know this has never been a feature of iTunes. You always have to identify the CD before ripping. If you selected the wrong CD you can re-identify it for the next time the Cd is inserted but it won't re-label tracks you have already ripped. To re-identify an incorrectly identified CD: "Insert the CD and select it in iTunes, then menu Advanced > Get CD track names. It should requery the Gracenote database and let you pick the correct album." - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4101761?answerId=18901866022#18901866022 - Newer versions in upper right hand corner, Options>Get Track Names

Jul 11, 2014 10:51 AM in response to Limnos

Limnos,

you are describing the process of re-importing the CD once you have internet access. The original post wanted to know if you can assign track names to songs that were previously ripped by iTunes. This is possible and involves using the contextual menu for songs ripped by iTunes that don't have track names assigned yet. As described by Linc Davis, you select one or multiple songs (it can span multiple albums) and then select "Get Track names" and iTunes will fetch the track names for the previously ripped tracks using Gracenote. If you select tracks that weren't ripped by iTunes, you will receive an error message that iTunes cannot fetch track info for these tracks.

iTunes 11.3. I can't see any way of accessing the CD database to get track names if somehow they weren't accessed when ripping the CD into my computer. It used to be EASY.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.