Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VGA adaptor doesn't work anymore

Hi,

I have just tried to connect my Macbook Pro 15" 2011 to my LG plasma monitor like I have done numerous times before, however this time my monitor said that the connection wasn't recognized. I use an official Apple VGA connector, and up until now haven't had any problems doing so. A friend has also got a Macbook Pro and it works just fine with his!

Tried restarting the Macbook and the monitor but just don't know how to resolve this problem. If anyone one has any suggestions please don't hesitate to post them!

Thanks,

Drew

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:10 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 1:27 PM in response to Drewinfrance

Check your port for any dirt or debris. Check your system prferences, for the correct sttings

Try a PRAM reset.

Shut down your Mac.

Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

Turn on your Mac.

Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears. Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

Release the keys.

VGA adaptor doesn't work anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.