Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Package/Bundle Concept

Hi everyone,

I am trying to conceptualize how Apple's package/bundle concept works in terms of how edits are saved.

(I have all of my events saved up on an external drive. I also have my package/bundle (600 GB) for the movie I am working on backed up).

My questions are:

1. When I edit my project/movie, how does this affect the package/bundle versus the individual events within the package/bundle?

2. If I have a choice of saving my project as a package or as a dissected package, which one should I pick?

Go easy on me, I am new to all of this. Hopefully I am phrasing my questions correctly.

If these questions have been discussed before I apologize.

Thanks

Mike

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:09 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the reply. I am basically trying to figure out the best way to save my library bundle file once I start editing the project I am working on. I know Time Machine does incremental backups, but what about other ways (I like Time Machine... I just want to have two copies of my project backed up two different ways). How do you guys out there do it? Every evening, do I just drag the library bundle file icon from my computer over onto the library bundle icon on my external hard drive and let them sync up? Or should I use something like Chronosync? I do not totally understand chronosync but it looks like it has an option where files and folders can be synchronized individually, file by file (instead of syncing the entire package each time). There is a box I can check for "dissected package."

Package/Bundle Concept

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.