Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO FIND THE WEP NUMBERS ON MACBOOK COMPUTER

I HAVE A CANON PRINTER " PIXMA MX892 " AND HAVE A VERIZON ROUTER "ACTIONTEC " IT HAS A WEP KEY # XXXXX THIS SAME # SHOULD BE

IN MY MACBOOK COMPUTER BUT IDON'T KNOW HOW TO FIND IT. I HOPE SOMEBODY KOWS

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:16 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 1:30 PM in response to georgefromnewbury park

My first thought is that if you already know the key, why would you need to "find it" in your computer?

However, you can click the Magnifying Glass icon at the right end of the menu bar, type "keychain" in the search window to open Keychain Access, then click on "Local Items" in the left pane, find the name of your router's network (the same name should display as the Wi-Fi you are connected to if you click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar when using that network), double click on it, then put a checkmark in "Show Password" and it will display.

Also, WEP is not the best security. WPA/WPA2 is better if you have that option.

HOW TO FIND THE WEP NUMBERS ON MACBOOK COMPUTER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.