Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE help me get my web page back

I have recently switched from Windows to Mac. I am running OS X 10.9.4. On my Windows computer I used Expression Web 2. Now I have my website on the net, all of my site's files, and no way to continue work on my site. My Mac doesn't have iWeb and obviously Expression Web doesn't work with Mac. Is there a way, without using two partitions (1 windows 1 OS X), to create and edit web pages. Especially one that will let me keep my current web site's files etc?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:21 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 4:24 PM in response to wfoley82

Here the reply I received from John,

I use Parallels, Windows 8.1, and Expression Web 2.

However, the real answer is “Unless your website relies on FrontPage extensions, you need to migrate to a different web editor. If your website does rely on FrontPage extensions, you need to remove them and THEN migrate to a different web editor.”

There are lots of Mac web editors, but only one will match the functionality of ExpressionWeb: Adobe DreamWeaver. I avoid it, because it’s 900 bucks and takes a couple of years to learn. But it will use EW .dwt templates directly (or more accurately, EW adopted DreamWeaver Templates). I will muddle along until EW refuses to run: and I still have a Windows XP VM with FrontPage installed!!

However, unless you want to go into business maintaining major commercial websites, there are LOTS of choices, some more appropriate than others:

http://webdesign.about.com/od/macintoshhtmleditors/tp/macintosh-wysiwyg-editors. htm

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/15/ten-wysiwyg-html-editors-for-mac-os-x/

I used Adobe GoLive and have move to WordPress which is free. You can do blog and static pages. Easy to learn. I would not recommend trying to import your files, but copy over data and into the new format.

Jul 10, 2014 5:12 PM in response to dianeoforegon

This is from Cheryl.

There is no Mac version of Expression Web. There was a free version of

Expression Design for Mac and a Mac version of Expression Media but Blend,

Encoder and Web never came in a Mac version. iWeb has been discontinued and

created some of the worst propriety code I've seen in a long time.

Dreamweaver will work with Expression Web templates and Expression Web 4,

free version is an excellent program. I haven't found a Mac editor that

works as well other than Dreamweaver.

FWIW, I recommend Parallels or other VM to run Windows and use EW 4 on it or

I use the native Mac Dreamweaver version.

PLEASE help me get my web page back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.