Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use backup data after 7.1.2 install

I have never had an issue with my iPhone....until last night. Last night i got the notification to download 7.1.2. I accepted as I have many times before and set the phone aside. I went and checked on the progress about 10 minutes later, and it says that I need to connect to iTunes. When I plugged it into my computer, iTunes says that my phone is in recovery mode. I restore it, but now I can't restore from my iCloud backup. After being in AppleCare chat for 6 hours with 5 different reps, I am no better off than I started. We tried recovering from all backups to iCloud, deleted the software that iTunes had downloaded, numerous resets, downloading new iOS firmware, etc and I still can not restore from iCloud. The only way to use my phone is setting up as a new phone, however, I have lost work texts, pictures of work and personal for the last 6 months, apps, etc. I am beyond my breaking point with these shenanigans and am looking for any help.

If anyone could help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'll try my best to tell you what all I've done previously with Apple if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Derick

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:54 PM

2 replies

Can't use backup data after 7.1.2 install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.