Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spining wheel and apple logo at starup , my macbook pro doesn't boot...!?

my macbook have some problems. it stuck up and not response and i only can force shutdown it .when i want to turn it on , it stuck up and only show spining wheel and apple logo and doesn't boot . i repair disk permissions in disk utility and reset nvpram . but didn't work.i tried to boot to safe mode but progress bar after about 1/3 of bar hidden and again a spining wheel and apple logo . lastly i restore my macbook with time machine in recovery hd.but this problem occured for second time and third time.what i should to do ? sorry for my bad english

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:10 PM

9 replies

Jul 10, 2014 2:30 PM in response to J.W.F

Install or Reinstall Mavericks or Mountain Lion from Scratch

Be sure you backup your files to an external drive or second internal drive because the following procedure will remove everything from the hard drive.

OS X Mavericks- Erase and reinstall OS X

OS X Mountain Lion- Erase and reinstall OS X

OS X Lion- Erase and reinstall Mac OS X

Note: You will need an active Internet connection. I suggest using Ethernet if possible

because it is three times faster than wireless.

Jul 11, 2014 7:11 AM in response to J.W.F

I don't know the best way to download Mavericks in that case. You could try and use the built-in recovery disk, it may only need to download updates and it may include a download manager. It took about 20-30 minutes for it to download and I have ~50Mpbs download speeds. Is there someplace you could take your computer for a few hours that has a faster connection?

Try and post another top-level post asking the question about how to obtain a copy of Mavericks. Make sure to explain how you obtained your current version of the OS, people will ask.

spining wheel and apple logo at starup , my macbook pro doesn't boot...!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.