Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not get MS Outlook to sync with Cal or iTunes. Worked fine prior to the upgrade to 10.9.3

I want Outlook to be the primary calendar that I use to scheduling. Prior to upgrading to 10.9.3 this worked fine. I have tried every thing I know to get it work, Cold boots each app., turning off sync services on Outlook and restarting. Nothing I know works

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:30 PM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2014 2:34 PM in response to kvdoyle47

What version of OS X were you running before upgrading to Mavericks?

Sync Basics

CalDAV & CardDAV are protocols used by Apple, Google, Yahoo and others to sync contacts and calendars. Neither Entourage 2008 nor Outlook 2011 support CalDAV or CardDAV.

• You can no longer sync Outlook with an iPhone or iPad via iTunes. You can only sync with an iPhone or iPad via a cloud-based service like iCloud or Google.
  • You can no longer sync Outlook local calendars with OS X Calendar (formerly iCal). You can, however, continue to sync calendars hosted on a cloud-based service like iCloud or Google with Apple's Calendar.
  • You can no longer sync with any third-party apps running on your Mac that use Sync Services, like Entourage or Outlook.

If you want to stick with Outlook, I suggest you look at Office 365. Otherwise, moving to Apple Mail, Contacts and Calendar with iCloud might be a better option for you.

Until Microsoft adds CalDAV and CardDAV support to Outlook, there is no way to sync other than get an Exchange account. It's $4/month Exchange Online.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/microsoft-exchange-online-email-for-b usiness-FX103739072.aspx

UPDATE OS X

You mentioned you were running 10.9.3, you need to upgrade to the latest version of Mavericks.

OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update (Combo)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1755

Post Date: Jun 30, 2014

File Size: 958.2 MB

Aug 5, 2014 11:48 AM in response to dianeoforegon

I have OSX 10.9.4

Running MS Outlook 14.4.3

Running Apple "Contacts" 8.0 (1371)

Running iTunes 11.3 (54)

New contacts entered in Outlook are not syncing over to Contacts.

In Outlook -> Preferences -> Sync Services have to de-select then re-select Contacts (as well as all others, Calendar, Tasks, etc - but really don't care about them, just care about contacts). With shutdowns and restarts after each and also trying without shutdowns and restarts. Still, contacts that are newly entered in Outlook are not showing up in Contacts.

Have searched for the various .plist files to try and delete them as well as searching for “com.microsoft.outlook.XXXXX.plist” “com.microsoft.SyncServicesAgent.plist" com.apple.AddressBook.plist and com.apple.AddressBook.abd Have not been able to find (and thus delete them).

Have tried this

Force Quit Outlook

Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

Look for the Sync Services Agent under Process Name

Highlight this process and click Quit in the upper left

Close Activity Monitor

Re-Start Outlook

Doesn't help (indeed "Sync Services Agent" doesn't seem to quit, ever. Even when selecting quit or force quit in Activity Monitor.

I need to get these new contacts that I created in Outlook to start syncing over to Apple's Contacts Program.

Can not get MS Outlook to sync with Cal or iTunes. Worked fine prior to the upgrade to 10.9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.