Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Backing Up to iCloud

I've been trying to backup to iCloud, so I will have the necessary memory available to do updates, but it keeps freezing midway through the process and then cancels my request to backup.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:25 PM

Are you connected to power outlet? Are you connected to a wifi network or cellular data?

4 replies

Jul 10, 2014 1:35 PM in response to SandGal

1. Let's start by making sure you are not trying to backup more than 5gb

go to settings

icloud

storage & backup

manage storage

choose your phone if you use more than one device.

if your backup is less than 5gb, great! So that isn't the problem.

2. Connect to power. ICloud backup happens when your phone is charging, connected to wifi and in sleep mode (locked)

3. Is your home wifi stable and consistent or does it have a history of dropping devices?

4. Can you log onto iCloud on the computer? Is the same login and password correctly on your phone?

Jul 10, 2014 1:55 PM in response to lizdance40

Hi lizdance40, I have 10.8 GB photos and camera, 23.8 MB Instagram. I only have 1.5 GB of phone storage available. I bought more iCloud storage 15 GB but it says I only have 4.2 GB available. I don't want to delete my photos or Instagram. I am a smart phone novice, as you can see. As a matter of fact, I am such a novice I have hundreds (more like thousands) of emails on my phone that I don't have time to delete. I can only get it done in groups of 25 - 50. I don't have the patience or time for it. Is there a way to delete them all at once? Ugh. 😕

Trouble Backing Up to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.