Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpredictable performance, (recent)

My Mac is 20", Late 2006 running 10.7.5 Lion (11G63) Safari 6.1.5 (7537.77.4) 2.33 GH Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 Mhz DDR 2 SDRAM

Serial CK *** ** VUW

My Desktop Folder Size (it says) is 10.04 GB for 1211 items Mouse batteries are 20%

What has changed is related perhaps ?' to the Mouse. Before, if I clicked on something it opened or closed etc (i.e. one click would make something happen)

Now it asks if I want a new window…. (this would not normally happen, nor does it seem mouse-related) and each time it does this it builds up one window after another.

I found that to close these windows I first had to hold down the mouse key away from the open window before clicking the close x.

When I click on something it now gives me a list of all the actions I might want to perform. This list has 15 or so possibilities probably useful for some but confusing. If it is intentional, I can get used to it over a month or so.

All of this may be from the most recent update, but I would like to know, or is my Mac just showing its age…. can I load a fresh version of 10.7.5 ?

Is that enough info for someone to recognize a well-known problem ? Am happy to answer any questions in order to identify what is going on.

Eric

<Edited by Host>

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:07 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 4:40 AM in response to Eric Dalzell

Well, no replies, but no worries, meantime I have solved the problem….. the Mouse. Have replaced the wireless mouse (Model No. A1296 3Vdc) with an old one (Model No. A1152 EMC No. 2058) with a USB connection to the keyboard . Works a dream. Does what I ask it to do, and doesn't make useless suggestions.

(and it doesn't need new batteries either…. wonderful)

Eric Dalzell (himself)

Unpredictable performance, (recent)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.