Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd behaviors in my imac

I have an 27" IMac purchased in October 2010. OS is 10.6.8. Had a new hard drive installed when Apple recalled the original hard drive. I run an old OS because of an older machine I have which is not compatible beyond OS 10.6.8. Upgrading to the newer OS is not possible. Should I chose to do so I will have to fork over 15 - 20,000 for a new platemaker. Not in the budget right now.

Anyway, I recently moved this computer from my office to my press room. Once in the press room I began getting lots of spinning beach balls. One day it took 25 minutes to get one file to the printer (it was a one page file of text only. This behavior began only after I had moved the machine. I took it home with me one evening and did repair disk etc and the machine worked beautifully on my dining room table. I returned it to the press room and the behavior began almost instantly. I moved it to a different location in the press room and still had the same result. I then chose to move it to the hallway outside of the press room. Still on the same desk it was on in the press room. Just a wall between the computer and the press room and she is once again running beautifully. My press room has 3 printing presses, a folder and a large cutter. 3 of the machines run off 220 and one runs off 3 phase electric. Could the electrical charge in the press room cause these problems.

My problem is solved as far as the operation of the computer but I'm still a bit baffled by the whys of this odd behavior. Any ideas!!

Thanks

Angela

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:34 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 6:44 AM in response to Loner T

The IMac is wireless. Keyboard and Mouse are both wireless.

I have a second machine that was in the press room but didn't have the current programs. It was working very slowly as well but I thought it was just because it was getting old, it is a 2006 edition. We were using it just for internet access and to open occasionally for older documents. I will try the aluminum foil with it to see if that changes.

I also use an ipad, iphone and android phone connected to our wireless in that room without difficultly. The only interference seems to come with the computers.

Thanks for the input.

Odd behaviors in my imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.