Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro Late 2013 retina display battery questions and issues

Hi,

So I was a bit suspicious about my macbook pro 2013 13 inch retina display models battery, its the latest macbook pro 13 inch. The website says that it will last for 9 hours but mines lasted for only 6.19 hours. All the apps I used were probably Xcode (doing coding projects), Photoshop, Safari and Notes. I did keep the brightness high and also had bluetooth on for a while. Is this a good battery life for my mac or should I go back to the Apple Store and tell them to fix my battery?

I have all the battery logs below:

Standby Time: 1:13 PM

Battery Percent: 90%

Usage Time Starting: 3:10 PM Battery Percent: 87%

Usage Time Ending: 4:01 PM Battery Percent: 75%

Apps Used: Safari, Notes, Xcode,

Usage Time Starting: 5:00 PM Battery Percent: 74%

Usage Time Ending: 5:56 PM Battery Percent: 64%

Apps Used: Safari, xcode

Usage Time Starting: 6:53 PM Battery Percent: 63%

UsageTime Ending: 7:19 PM Battery Percent: 57%

Apps Used: Safari

Usage Time Starting: 7:46 PM Battery Percent: 56%

Usage Time Ending: 9:02 PM Battery Percent: 40%

Apps Used: Photoshop, Safari, xcode

Day 2:

Usage Time Starting: 10:56 AM Battery Percent: 38%

Usage Time Ending: 11:09 AM Battery Percent: 39%

Apps Used: Safari

Usage Time Starting: 12:09 PM Battery Percent: 36%

Usage Time Ending: 12:14 Battery Percent: 35%

Apps Used: Photoshop, Safari

Usage Time Starting: 12:42 PM Battery Percent: 35%

Usage Time Ending: 3:06 Battery Percent: 4%

Apps Used: Photoshop, Safari

Bluetooth also added using mouse

I wasn't using it for one day straight by the way, I used it for 2 days without charging with these logs.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:38 PM

Fayk1,

carefully review that Web site’s claim; under what conditions does it claim that a charge would last for up to nine hours? (Note those key words — “up to”.) Did your conditions exactly match those conditions? If you want a charge to last as long as possible, then make the display as dim as you can stand it, and minimize your use of Bluetooth and energy-hungry apps like Photoshop and Xcode compilers. To maximize the battery’s life, start recharging it when it gets down to 20%.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 2:38 PM in response to Fayk1

Fayk1,

carefully review that Web site’s claim; under what conditions does it claim that a charge would last for up to nine hours? (Note those key words — “up to”.) Did your conditions exactly match those conditions? If you want a charge to last as long as possible, then make the display as dim as you can stand it, and minimize your use of Bluetooth and energy-hungry apps like Photoshop and Xcode compilers. To maximize the battery’s life, start recharging it when it gets down to 20%.

Macbook pro Late 2013 retina display battery questions and issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.