Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SuperDrive making noises

Hey, so I recently noted that mi SuperDrive on my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 (Model 9,2) stopped working and I decided to try some methods to see if I could still get it to work. One of them was entering a command in terminal and ended up being more annoyed. Before when it didn't work I opened my computer normally (from being sleep, or powered off) and no noise was coming out of the superdrive, but now, every single time I open my computer to use it or reboot it or shut it down or even connect it to the charger, the SuperDrive makes 4 continues tries to read a CD and the noise annoys me quite a lot.

I don't know if my MBP has a CD stuck, but I believe it does. I called an Official Apple Retail Store and they told me that it's 60 dollars just to check it and I am not willing to pay that for just someone telling me if it does has some cd stuck.

Does someone know how to solve this noise problem (even if the cd continues to not work).

Terminal command I entered: /usr/bin/drutil eject

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:13 PM

There are no replies.

SuperDrive making noises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.