Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone experienced Logic Board failure with their Late 2011 Macbook Pros?

A couple of months ago, my late 2011 Macbook Pro (13.3in) randomly fried it's own Logic Board. I was using it normally and smelled a burning smell coming from around the side where all of its ports are located. The entire Macbook died immediately and when I took it to a local repair shop, they said the Logic Board had burn marks on it and the charger's prongs where partially melted. I'm going to take it to an Apple store soon but since I'm out of warranty, I'm not sure what they can do for me. Has anyone else had this problem? not really sure what to do here.....

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:25 PM

6 replies

Jul 14, 2014 2:48 PM in response to mamboitaliano22

I have no way of knowing. There are no published price lists of Apple parts. You might check at iFixit.com for sources. If you call your local Apple Store they may tell you how much such a repair will cost. Motherboards are pretty expensive the more recent they are. You might spend $600.00, more or less, on such a repair. But that's only my guess.

Anyone experienced Logic Board failure with their Late 2011 Macbook Pros?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.