Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery mode error

so I updated my phone last night and all of a sudden it went into recovery mode and so I went onto iTunes and plugged it in and I restored it and when the ios update was downloading it was at 1.22 gb out of 1.44 gb and it stopped and said error. I've tried everything like trying to put it dfu trying to put it out of recovery by holding down the sleep/wake button and home button. so at this point I don't know what to do.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:52 PM

7 replies

Jul 10, 2014 3:31 PM in response to derekhirz10

You can try this by holding down power and home till it restarts and release when you see the apple logo

If it doesn't work then you will need to put it back into recovery mode and restore.

Hold power and home for 10 seconds and release power after 10 seconds but keep holding home till iTunes recognize it is in recovery mode. Restore iphone with iTunes. It will attempt to re-download the firmware.

Jul 10, 2014 3:36 PM in response to derekhirz10

derekhirz10 wrote:

I've tried that as well.

You need to find out why the download did not complete. The most common reason is your antivirus or firewall blocked the download. Try disabling them and do it again. Unless its Kaspersky, in which case you will have to uninstall it.

Also verify that you had enough disk space for the download.

recovery mode error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.