Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What kind of flash player does Mac support?

I recently converted to Mac from PC and I was trying to download Adobe but it wouldn't let me. Is there anything I need to download? Because my computer is not allowing me to watch videos or anything online until I get a Flash Player. Please help!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:05 PM

8 replies

Jul 10, 2014 4:15 PM in response to Cebert.2014

You'll either need to install Flash from the Adobe website just like you did on your PC, or install Google Chrome, which has Flash built-in.

Your difficulty my reside in the security settings of your Mac. Open SYSTEM PREFERENCES, select SECURITY & PRIVACY, and check under the GENERAL tab that ALLOW APPS DOWNLOADED FROM: is set to "Mac App Store and identified developers." Then go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/, and click the INSTALL NOW button. A .DMG file will be downloaded to your DOWNLOADS folder. Single-click the .DMG file. The double-click INSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER. If you get a permissions error, then you may need to change the ALLOW APPS for "Anywhere".

What kind of flash player does Mac support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.