Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps saying my already set up iPod touch is new

I tried to sync my iPod touch 5th gen(32gb) running iOS 7 with iTunes to get songs on the computer on my ipod but when I plug it in it says " welcome to your new ipod" and asks me if I want to restore it from backup or set it up as new. I previously restored it from my iPod touch 4th gen (16gb) running iOS 6. I'm pretty sure i have the newest version of itunes. The music I want to sync to my ipod is not legal but the music already on my ipod is. I really don't want to spend over 100 dollars for music i already have. I tried restoring it again and reseting my ipod. (The erase all content and settings button)

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 10:20 PM

I don't know how to do this for you. Maybe IIIass can help you with that.

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:31 AM in response to Alltimemayfire

- Connect the iPod to your computer and restore via iTunes

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

That installs a fresh copy of the iOS unlike Settings>Genera>Reset>Erase all content and settings

- Try a different USB port and cable

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iTunes keeps saying my already set up iPod touch is new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.