Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any advantage to a new iMac?

I purchased my iMac over 4 years ago. Is there any advantage to buying a new one? I have a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 13 with 4GB and an ATI Radeon HD Graphics., 21.5 display. I keep current on updates. I do some video and graphic work. I would give my iMac to my grand daughter and perhaps purchase the larger display. My mac is slowing down but is working fine.😕

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:21 PM

Well, if it does what you need it to do, then keep using it.

If it is "slowing down", then see if you want to increase the RAM and make sure you have plenty of free space on your hard drive. 4 GB is generally considered the minimum for the latest OS - which OS are you on? And if you're into video, you should have at least as much empty hard drive space as you have temporary files in your project to let it render properly. Also, do not use yours while it is rendering or encoding so the processor can use all its resources on the one task.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 6:21 PM in response to rjs838

Well, if it does what you need it to do, then keep using it.

If it is "slowing down", then see if you want to increase the RAM and make sure you have plenty of free space on your hard drive. 4 GB is generally considered the minimum for the latest OS - which OS are you on? And if you're into video, you should have at least as much empty hard drive space as you have temporary files in your project to let it render properly. Also, do not use yours while it is rendering or encoding so the processor can use all its resources on the one task.

any advantage to a new iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.