Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os x 10.7.5 and gmail

I have 3 email accounts: Roadrunner, Gmail and Apple. Only my Gmail account has freaked.

1) Some of my incoming emails go directly to Trash, others come to the Inbox - ????

2) My sent messages appear in the Trash and in the Sent folder.

This is only for Gmail account. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:50 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:29 PM in response to Carla Bolling

You might want to remove the Gmail account then add it back. This often fixes issues with Gmail accounts.

Do you see folders like this under Gmail in the folder list?

User uploaded file

If yes,

Under Mailbox in the Menu bar, select Use this mailbox for....

User uploaded file

You might want to log into Gmail in your browser. Under Settings Labels, clean up the folders under Circles. You might find several sent, trash and draft folders created by some email clients. By default Gmail stores all your messages in the top Sent folder on the server.

BTW, Mavericks Mail is trying to get around the oddities of Gmail IMAP. Results vary for users.

You might like MailTabPro for Gmail $1.99. In Mac App Store (MAS). If you are low on disk space this is a great option since you don't download messages..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailtab-pro-for-gmail/id430252530?mt=12&ign-mpt= uo%3D4

Jul 10, 2014 6:25 PM in response to Carla Bolling

If the options are grayed out, then the default folders are set.

See this article for screen shots showing settings in your browser. Even though it was written specifically for Outlook, many of the same concepts apply to Mail.

Connect Outlook for Mac 2011 to Gmail’s IMAP service

**(Fair disclosure: OfficeforMacHelp is my site. I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.)

mac os x 10.7.5 and gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.