Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't stay signed in to app store , Invalid Security Code?

Hi

Have a new iPhone 5s. When accessing the app store it keeps prompting me to sign in. The sign in only lasts 10 minutes or so.

Also when I go to settings, iCloud, account, payment information it reads that security code is required but after entering the valid code and pushing the done it states it is invalid. It is not invalid. It works on my desktop iTunes.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:57 PM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:02 PM in response to JamesDoMo

If you entered the correct security code on your desktop you should not have to enter it again on the iPhone. So most likely it is invalid in both places. The security code message does not come from Apple or iTunes; it comes from your card issuer, so you need to contact them. Note also that the message can mean that any value in your account is wrong, not just the security code. These all must match:

1. The card number is correct
  2. The name in iTunes is identical to the name on the card
  3. The address in iTunes matches the billing address of the card exactly
  4. The CCV code (3 digit code on the back of the card) matches
  5. The expiration date in iTunes is the same as the one on the card
  6. You have sufficient credit in the account
  7. The card is issued in the same country as the iTunes store you are using

Jul 10, 2014 5:32 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

The security code is valid. I know the code is good as I just made an online purchase today. The name is the same except for the "Mr" and the fact there is no place in iTunes for a middle initial. The security code does not stay populated in iTunes (on desktop) when I hit the edit and look it is not there. If I can't figure this out I guess I won't be making any purchases from any iCloud store. Is there a support number at Apple I could call?

Won't stay signed in to app store , Invalid Security Code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.