Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Change software registration information?

Since this is somewhat related to finding the proper files hidden deep within Mavericks, that's why I asked it here.

I want to change the name that displays in both Final Cut Express and Logic Express 9 upon launch. I tried deleting specific plist and pref files that I could find and when I restarted I was hoping upon launch of the apps it would ask me to re-enter the serial number and hopefully the name I want to display but it didn't.

Does anyone know the particular files for FE4 and LE9 that I need to delete so that I can change the registered name? Running 10.9.4 here.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:44 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 4:49 PM in response to Spindoctor

Why do you need to change the registered name? The software license applies to that name only. If you bought it from MAS, then you can't change it at all as the software is not transferable. If you bought it on a CD, then you'd have to uninstall it and try to reinstall; however, that may not work as the registration will have been registered somewhere else (Apple).

Jul 10, 2014 7:08 PM in response to babowa

If you hadn't insisted upon trying to be so smart, and read the software I was asking about, you'd know they were not available from the App Store. I own the discs in question, otherwise I wouldn't have alluded to hoping the registration dialogue asking for a serial number would pop up again so I could change the registered name. It is no one's business as to why I want to change the name as I'm not trying to do anything underhanded or pirate anything.

I know that you can do it in MS Office and I successfully changed the information so I thought surely there had to be some way to do it in Apple software as well.

Maybe i would've been better off calling Apple instead of posting here.

How To Change software registration information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.