Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE Help!

Hi. First of all i wanna say that im really worried about my problem. About a week ago I bought an Iphone 5 from an unknown user. I started using my IOS device and i noticed it was loged in with a previous user Icloud ID. I asked so many people about this and Im really worried what can happen. I cant return the iphone back and I cant find that guy. PLEASE if there is any solution, PLEASE help me to log in with my ID

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:50 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 4:56 PM in response to kevinko14

The biggest problem you face is the Activation Lock...an anti-theft protection system. With the prior user's Apple ID installed and the unit tied to that owne's iCloud account through Find My Phone, you cannot reset, restore update, reinstall anything on that iPhone. You must get the previous owner to remove the iPhone from the iCloud account, or remove the Apple ID and password, or refund your money. There is no way to bypass or remove that lock.

PLEASE Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.