Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I charged my ipad with a defective charger, it heated up and stopped working. i charged for a good 4 hours without knowing the charger was defected (distortion of internal wires and a broken protective external layer)

I charged my ipad with a defective charger, it heated up and stopped working. i charged for a good 4 hours without knowing the charger was defected (distortion of internal wires and a broken protective external layer)

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:39 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:43 PM in response to ihavemyreason

You're not asking any question so I'll just ramble.

You may have permanently damaged your iPad. The iPad controls the current coming from the charger but the charger electronics must be capable of responding to the iPad. Charge with a known good charger and then test your iPad. If it's OK, you lucked out. Otherwise... If the charger was not an Apple charger, you're completely out of luck. If it was an Apple charger, call Apple and discuss the issue with them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.