Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 froze during ios 7.2 update, how to do a hard reset when lock button is broken?

I just updated to the newest ios update and the screen is frozen on the black screen with the silver apple with about 30% of the update completed. It's been sitting like this for about an hour now without changing. I've looked for solutions to this and they all suggest doing a hard reset but my lock broken doesn't work anymore. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:30 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2014 3:58 AM in response to chattphotos

No,you're wrong....

there is iOS 7.2

I updated my iPhone 4S few hours ago !!!!!!

Yesterday appeared a notification on my iPhone 4S for iOS update.

What I remember is first version of update 7.1 which was around 23 MB. I updated to the 7.1. After that appeared another version for update which was 7.2. So, I updated again to the last version which was 7.2. After finishing the update, the iPhone was restarting and turned off !

When tried to turn it on, it does not worked and appears a message (Picture message) that connect your iPhone to iTunes. When I connected to iTunes, it says you should restore yours to its original settings !!!!!!!!!

What the he**l is going on ? If I restore it, I would lose all my datas !!!

Jul 11, 2014 3:59 AM in response to sinlimites

Yesterday appeared a notification on my iPhone 4S for iOS update.

What I remember is first version of update 7.1 which was around 23 MB. I updated to the 7.1. After that appeared another version for update which was 7.2. So, I updated again to the last version which was 7.2. After finishing the update, the iPhone was restarting and turned off !

When tried to turn it on, it does not worked and appears a message (Picture message) that connect your iPhone to iTunes. When I connected to iTunes, it says you should restore yours to its original settings !!!!!!!!!

What the he** is going on ? If I restore it, I would lose all my datas !!!

Jul 11, 2014 7:15 AM in response to Sayedakbar

There is no press release or knowledge base article regarding iOS 7.2, so please forgive my skepticism. See KB of Apple security updates

Note, iOS 7.2 is not listed...

If the iPhone is showing connect to iTunes after a failed update, your data is already lost/unrecoverable...

It is highly recommended to perform a full backup before running updates. I'm sorry your data is lost, restore the phone and sync with iCloud and have a better backup plan for the future.

iphone 4 froze during ios 7.2 update, how to do a hard reset when lock button is broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.