Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CNN Alerts on Mac not appearing.

Hi, I'm currently running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 on my 15 inch, mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Days ago, I subscribed to CNN's "CNN alerts on Mac" through their website, nonetheless, I have not received any notification in my Notification Center from CNN, even though CNN notifications are turned on in System Preferences. Does anybody know what's the issue here? Thanks a lot.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:01 PM

17 replies

Jul 10, 2014 8:03 PM in response to timuni

Open the Library folder in your home folder by holding down the option key and selecting

Go ▹ Library

from the Finder menu bar. Navigate in the usual way to each of the following items and move it to the Trash, but don't empty yet:

Application Support/NotificationCenter

Caches/com.apple.Safari/RemoteNotifications

Caches/SafariNotificationAgent

Safari/RemoteNotifications/Permissions.plist

Log out or restart the computer. Empty the Trash. Resubscribe to the notifications.

Jul 14, 2014 8:51 PM in response to timuni

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Notifications tab.

Make sure Deny is not selected to the right of CNN.

If Allow was already selected, select CNN then click Remove.

Then sign up again for CNN alerts here > http://edition.cnn.com/macalerts/

If that doesn't help, open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist file to the Trash.

Then sign up again for CNN alerts from the link above.

CNN Alerts on Mac not appearing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.