Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELp

I backed up my phone and restored it and now nothing is there that I backed up...

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:01 PM

13 replies

Jul 10, 2014 7:20 PM in response to kkenzie267

Did you check for a current backup in both iTunes and in iCloud? To check your most recent iTunes backup, go to iTunes Preferences (on the Edit menu if you're running Windows)>Devices and check the Backups list. To check your most recent iCloud backup, go to Settings>iCloud, sign into your iCloud account, then go to Storage & Backup>Manage Storage, tap the backup and check the Latest Backup field.

Jul 10, 2014 7:38 PM in response to kkenzie267

Oh, I though you said it contained "everything I had since March", not that it was a duplicate of the March backup. And I assume the March backup doesn't contain the old photos you are looking for. If that's the case, and you don't have another backup, either in iCloud on in iTunes, then unfortunately there isn't anything to restore them from.

Jul 10, 2014 7:43 PM in response to kkenzie267

It would seem so. The only way to recover photos is from a backup that contains them. You can only get back photo stream photos from the last 30 days from iCloud, unless they are in a shared stream, which remain in iCloud indefinitely.

For future reference, the best thing to do is always import them to your computer (iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer), then back them up on an external drive so you know they're safe.

HELp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.