Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File/folder that won't delete.

In order to have enough space on my iPhone to update it, I deleted all of my photos and videos after saving them to my laptop, which is not a Mac. After my phone was updated I synced all the pictures and videos back but when I did so, they did not go back to the camera roll. Instead a new folder/file was put in my photos. This new folder/file does not have a trash can icon where I can delete the photos that I synced. The videos went back where they were supposed to and all I need to do now is delete the file/folder as recently stated. The only problem is, I cannot delete the photos/videos inside the folder nor can I delete the folder as a whole. I've already done things the hard way in order to get the photos I wanted back onto the camera roll by screen shotting them so the only thing now is to delete the folder/file. So, my question is, how do I delete it?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 7:36 PM in response to danahberry

The exact same way that you got it on the iPhone, via the sync process. Connect the phone to iTunes, select the phone, select the photos tab, and remove the checkmark by the folder you have synced, then resync. The folder will be removed. Syncing does not put photos back into the camera roll. Also, the method that you described to put photos back into the camera roll just takes the reduced resolution photos that were synced to the phone and moved them. Remember they are reduced resolution.

File/folder that won't delete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.