Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lighting HDMI Adapter no longer working after 7.1.2 update

I updated both my iPad Air and my iPhone 5S to ios 7.1.2 without any errors. Now my Apple Lightning HDMI adapter will not work on either device. It worked before the update, but all I see now is "no signal" on my TV. This *****! I am stuck in my hotel, and can't watch the movies on either device on the TV. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 7:00 PM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2014 7:57 AM in response to CheddaFreak

Hi CheddaFreak,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Take a look at the article below, it provides tips that will help troubleshoot and hopefully resolve any signal issues that you are seeing.

iOS: About Apple Digital AV Adapters

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4108

Troubleshooting

If you encounter an issue using the Apple Digital AV Adapter or VGA Adapter:

• Disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the iOS device and display.
  • Connect directly to the TV, projector, or external display using a known-good VGA or HDMI cable.
  • Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters.
  • Note that accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signal to other video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) are not supported.
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS. Some Apple Digital AV Adapters require iOS 5.1 or later.

Note: When using an Apple Digital AV Adapter manufactured before early 2012 with iPad (3rd generation), you may see the "This accessory is not supported" alert. Dismissing the alert will allow you to use the adapter.

For optimal performance, you may need to adjust the video resolution or settings for your display. If your display offers an "auto detect" or "factory default" setting, you may be able to use these options to optimize video resolution and display.

Cheers!

-Jason

Jul 20, 2014 9:04 PM in response to Jason L

HI Jason,

Thank you for your reply. This is the new lightning HDMI adapter for the newer devices. The adapter was working prior to installing IOS 7.1.2 on my iPad Air. As soon as I upgraded from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2, it stopped working. It was still working on my iPhone 5S. Then I upgraded the IOS from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2, and the adapter stopped working on that device too. The HDMI cable still works as I plugged it in to my TV and receive a video signal from my PS4. I am not sure what the issue is. I did not have any problems doing the upgrade on either device. I plugged both into my PC, and used iTunes to do the upgrade. The entire process went smoothly, except now my adapter does not work. That is the only thing that is not working after the upgrade. Any other ideas?

Lighting HDMI Adapter no longer working after 7.1.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.